Sri Aurobindo Ashram - Delhi Branch
Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi - 110 016
SWACHH BHARAT MISSION takes initiative to sensitize individuals towards keeping their environment clean .Taking a lead from this, it is endeavoured to take forward the CLEAN MIND PROGRAMME.
NAME OF PROJECT: Clean Mind Programme
RATIONALE FOR PROJECT:
What we think is how we feel and experience the world. The kind of thoughts we keep and allow determine whether we will have a pleasant or unpleasant experience.Events alone do not cause a person to feel depressed, enraged, or highly anxious. Rather, it is one's beliefs about the events which contribute to unhealthy feelings and self defeating behaviours.
This programme aims at assessing various dimensions of 'Dirt' that occupy critical mind space and in-turn interfere with a person's well being and growth. Having a clutter free mind is a key ingredient in the experience of contentment for a person .The notion and experience of contentment is really the most comprehensive marker to assess an individual's holistic health
CONTENTMENT HOLISTIC HEALTH HAPPINESS
Contentment is distinguished from complacency is perhaps the variable that in experience provides the platform to an individual to progress and grow towards a more actualised and spiritual being.
The rationale / need for the idea of 'Clean Mind' is that if people can adapt ways to recognise, monitor, check and alter their maladaptive thoughts , they will be more attuned , satisfied and calm than hustled and stressed.
Perhaps, this in general has been the focus of most psychotherapy based interventions; however our aim is not to merely look at absence of symptoms but create a foundation for an individual. The aim is to bring together an approach that aids the journey of going beyond surface consciousness to the larger life of the inner being.
The MIND once it gets cleaned and cleared can provide the seed for the evolution of the spirit.
MIND SPIRIRTUALIZED MIND SUPERMIND/TRUTH CONSCIOUSNESS
The primary theme of the project is the
- Gradational ascent of consciousness from body to shift focus onto the mind.
- To assist people in their movement from an unclean to clean mind.
- Clean mind will be taken though various meditation techniques towards the highest goal that is the DIVINE.
PROJECT'S VISION AND SRI AUROBINDO'S INTEGRAL YOGA: A blend.
The project is aimed at capturing the true essence of Sri Aurobindo's integral yoga. Various modalities and focus on cleansing the mind are nothing but ways to conjure up strategies to assist in the ultimate aim of integral Yoga.
The core of the programme rests on the belief that a clean mind really is an Integral mind.
So with this basic tenet, we have outlined two components/parameters of thinking that derive their genesis from the foundations of both psychology and Sri Aurobindo's integral yoga.
Rational thinking and Responsible Thinking
The invoking of Rational and responsible thinking is yet another aim to reunite the infinite to finite,the timeless in the temporal and the transcendent with the immanent as is the vision of Sri Aurobindo's philosophy and goal of integral yoga
Rational &responsible Thinking Foundation of the Psychic Being
Humans have both innate rational (meaning self-helping, socially helping, and constructive) and irrational (meaning self-defeating, socially defeating, and unhelpful) tendencies and leanings. It is seen that people to a large degree consciously and unconsciously construct emotional difficulties such asself-blame,self-pity, clinical anger, hurt, guilt, shame,depressionandanxiety, and behaviours and behaviour tendencies likeprocastination, compulsiveness, avoidance,addictionand withdrawalby the means of their irrational and self-defeating thinking,emotingand behaving.
By using several direct and indirect measures, the plan is to
- Assess the components and contents that contribute in the contamination of the mind. (Markers of 'dirt'). Dirt within this paradigm refers to all the self defeating attitudes, beliefs that when held thwart a human's progress and psychic growth.
- Assess the individual's overall CONTENTMENT SCORE based on his/her scores on the parameters of health , security , personal & social relationships, emotional and spiritual quotients . Based on the scores generating ways to address gaps and deficits to enable a more holistic and integral idea of health.
- To enable the use of reason as a guide, as a tool to foster frustration tolerance and make peace with the ambivalence that exists within humans.
- Practices within Integral yoga. This would help in actually learning tools to help cleanse the mind experientially and maintain the cleanliness.
- To recognize their mature moral responsibility and movement beyond egocentricism.
- In their own personal journeys towards their connection with the divine , the 'responsible ' virtues of grace & gratitude etc can be imbibed and experienced.
Once the layers and clouds of constant, pervasive irrational thoughts gets removed ( Swachh), it will help the movement towards bringing to surface the latent , hidden potentialities of being .
When a person starts engaging with his/her self and society in a more responsible manner, it is actually symbolic of movement. The model looks at responsible thinking as that dimension that bases its ideological markings on the goals of integral yoga. It encapsulates the adoption of those practices that use mind, body and life as instruments in the transcendence from outwards to inwards.
Within responsible thinking, we wish to connect individuals to
Thus it is endeavored to discover and foster ways though which responsible thoughts can serve as a bedrock towards ' Psychicisation
PROGRAMME IMPLEMANTATION & SCHEDULE :
It will involve a combination of activities and modalities to address the two critical aspects discussed above.
- Individual and group sessions.
- Screening individuals with basic integral health score and contentment score. Involving these individuals in sessions to address issues and inculcate them into clean mind programme
- Organize retreats outside Delhi for learning self & experiential exercises.
- Rural clinics will be held (Dhankot) as part of outreach community activity
- To teach karma yoga practices and encourage individuals to the path of spiritual adventure & evolution.
- To foster and facilitate a program from cleansing the body to the mind by incorporating elements from Hathyoga , to Rajayoga (yoga & meditation )
- To organize workshops on traditional & nontraditional practices to enhance mental enrichment like "the joyful exploration of self through clowning "
- School mental health programme and discourse on teachings of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother.
- Psychiatric services to provide assistance for any disorders pertaining to the mind.
- Organization of camps like adolescent camps, geriatric camps and family camps.
E-mail: [email protected]
Phones: 011- 26567863,26524810