ASHRAM RULES and REGULATIONS
- 'Tapasya', the residential building in Sri Aurobindo Ashram-Delhi Branch offers accommodation for the guests who seek a spiritual life and wish to imbibe the teachings of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother.
- The guests are not only expected to abide by the rules and regulations of the Ashram and maintain its discipline but should also try and participate in the community life and help in the Ashram work.
- The guests are expected to attend the EVENING MEDITATION and SATSANG from 7:00PM to 7:30PM on weekdays and 10:00AM on Sundays.
- Please do not use the blankets on the floor.
- Please do not remove any blanket, quilts from the rooms.
- You are expected to take up some seva (work offering).
for Tapasya Reservation: [email protected]
PLEASE MAINTAIN THE SANCTITY OF THE ASHRAM
- Smoking, Gutka (Tobacco), Sex, Alcohol & Drugs are strictly prohibited on the Ashram Premises. Persons under the influence of Alcohol and Drugs are also strictly prohibited on the campus.
- The main gate of Tapasya closes at 10:00 PM. Please try to adhere to the timing.
- Use water sparingly. Make sure all taps and electrical switches are turned off after use.
- Children below the age of 6 are not encouraged to stay in Tapasya.
- We are selective and prefer a personal introduction before giving reservations/accommodations.
- Right to Admission is reserved.
- If you are fully agreed with Ashram Rules & Regulations, Click on following " I Agree" Button to go ahead for RESERVATION
I have read the guest rules and I Agree to abide by them.
Special Facilities for a Group
- Avail special facilities for a Group who has booked accommodation in the Ashram:
- It has been our experience that many such groups are unable to make full use of the resources of the Ashram because they do not know about all the possibilities.
- All activities of the Ashram are inspired and guided by the life-embracing spiritual philosophy of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother. The philosophy can help you live a life that is full of joy and peace, a life that gives you a sense of fulfillment.
- We have scholars living in the Ashram who will be happy to present this philosophy to you, in a fashion that is tailor-made for your group, in a short period of an hour or two at a time convenient to you.
- Therefore, when you arrive at the Ashram, do ask the Reception to fix time for your group with someone who can share with you ideas that join worldly life and spirituality without bringing in any rituals or ceremonies, without going into any rigid set of dos and donâ€™ts.
- We do wish that when you go back, you should carry with you not only sweet memories, but also knowledge and wisdom that would help you avoid mental stress, which is a major problem of life in todayâ€™s world.
For more information please Contact:
The Ashram Reception can help guests to acquaint themselves with the various activities of the Ashram and Schools run by Sri Aurobindo Education Society.
Facilities for all Guests
Meals are available for guests who are staying here. The meals are simple and vegetarian.
07:00 A.M. TO 08:00 A.M
11:45 A.M. TO 01:00 P.M
04:30 P.M. TO 05:00 P.M
07:40 P.M. TO 08:10 P.M.
(Through the Ashram Reception)
FREE YOGA CLASSES
(Through the Ashram reception)
SRI AUROBINDO BOOK DISTRIBUTION AGENCY - SABDA
(Mon-Sat 9:30AM to 6:30PM & Sun 9:30AM to 4:30PM)
KNOWLEDGE (The Ashram Library)
Tues to Sun 10:00AM to 4:30PM Mon Closed)
- Land Mark
- (Near I.I.T. Flyover, Hauz Khas) Next to Essex Farm
- Our Bus Stop:
- The Mother's School
- New Delhi Rly Station to Sri Aurobindo Ashram
- Bus No. - 505
- By Autorickshaw (about Rs.150 during Day time )
- By Taxi ( about Rs:350)
- Old Delhi Rly Station to Sri Aurobindo Ashram
- Bus No. - 502
- By Autorickshaw (about Rs.175 during Day time )
- By Taxi (about Rs:350 to 400)
- Inter State Bus Terminal (ISBT)
- Bus No.- 501 & 533
- Air Port
- by Taxi ( about Rs:350 to 400 during Day time)
- Nearest Metro Station
- Hauz Khas (on Yellow Line)
Night time: 23:00 to 5:00
- A pre-paid taxi can be hired from 'pre-paid taxi booth' at Air Port to reach Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
- You can verify taxi charges at Ashram Reception if you like
- Please always mention Sri Aurobindo Ashram as your destination point as there is another area in Delhi which has the name 'Ashram' and is quite far from us.
- Sri Aurobindo Ashram is situated on Sri Aurobindo Marg, near I.I.T. Flyover and is opposite NCERT and Sarvodaya Enclave.
The Ashram entrance is gate no.6 on Sarvodaya Enclave Road.